We invite applications for a PhD position (4 years) within an Ambizione project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) entitled “Influence of lighting on mental effort and on motivational deficit caused by fatigue” which will be led by Dr. Ruta Lasauskaite at the Centre for Chronobiology (head Prof. Christian Cajochen).
The research project is concerned with non-visual effects of light on humans and more specifically on the impact on motivation and psychophysiological correlates of mental effort. Experimental lab studies using cardiovascular, pupillary, and EEG measures will be run to test the effects of light during performance of cognitive tasks under fatigue.
- Master degree or equivalent in psychology or related field
- Competencies (or strong interest) in psychophysiological measurements
- Skills in data analysis and statistics
- Programming skills (e.g., R, Python, Matlab)
- Strong academic writing skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and good in German (spoken)
- Interdisciplinary working environment
- Training and professional development opportunities at the University of Basel
- Funding for participation at national and international conferences
- Opportunities for international collaborations
Position starts on August 1, 2019 or later. Salary and employment conditions will be those of the University of Basel and the SNSF.
The closing date is May 25, 2019.
In accordance with the values of the University of Basel, candidates regardless their age, religion, gender, cultural heritage, sexual orientation, or disability will be considered.
For more information and to submit applications (motivation letter, CV, copy of diplomas with grades, academic writing sample), please email Dr. Ruta Lasauskaite firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Ruta Lasauskaite
Centre for Chronobiology
Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Basel
Wilhelm Klein-Strasse 27